
Via Andy at Radiola! I've learned that Vince Giordano And His Nighthawks have a long-term engagement at Sofia's Restaurant in New York's Hotel Edison.
Catching a performance of The Nighthawks is definitely a "must do" for any 1920s and 1930s music fan's visit to New York City. I got to attend one of their performances in 2005 - and it was a wonderful treat to hear 78 rpm era popular music performed live and in a highly authentic manner without the technological limitations of 78 rpm records. Those not familiar with the band might recognize it from the film The Aviator (which I haven't yet seen - but it is on my "to watch someday" list).
While I have never been to Sofia's Restaurant, the Hotel Edison was one of a number of old art deco skyscrapers that I have visited on my trips to the city. The hotel was built in 1931 and is certainly an appropriate venue for Giordano as a great many of the old "Golden Era" 1930s bands performed at The Edison.